Medication Monitoring with Urine Drug Testing for Primary Physicians
Medication monitoring with Comprehensive Lab Services (CLS) urine drug screening and confirming is a tool for physicians to determine and document if the patient is properly taking their prescribed medications and/or illicit substances that could interfere with their prescribed medication.
Prescription medications are necessary to run a practice effectively and providing the right treatment plan is vital to your practice. With prescription drug abuse on the rise, primary care physicians are finding it more critical to perform urine drug testing (screenings and confirmation) on each patient they treat. CLS can be your key partner to monitor and ensure patient compliance. Our laboratory testing methods and screening devices provide powerful, effective tools identifying accurate urine drug testing using LC-MS/MS technology delivering drug-specific results.
Urine Drug Testing with CLS can help clinicians support decisions about medication therapy by:
- Identify recent use of prescription medications, non-prescribed medications and illicit substances.
- Monitoring medication therapy, particularly controlled substances.
- Identify possible illicit drug or medication abuse, misuse or diversion.
- Detect medications that may result in a drug-drug interaction.
- Advocate for and communicate with patients about individual treatment plans.